"Parent&Me" classes offered for infants, are very different than traditional swimming classes. The main thing is to get your baby used to the water and to have fun and bond with them. Infant swimming class focuses on teaching you and your baby to relax and be safe in the water through songs and playing games. The first safety skill will teach your baby to jump in the water and swim back to the sides of the pool.
Not all infants love to be in water! My son hated it when water was splashed on his face and he would often cry. I remember taking a break until he felt better and I would join the class group again. I believe that gradual introduction to water is better than frightening with too much too soon. If you are relaxed and happy, your baby will enjoy this experience with you.
![]() |
| Parent&Me Class - Water Wings Las Vegas |

Great Advice! I once had a teacher tell me that it's kind of ridiculous to graduate our kids from High School without teaching them how to swim. He believed it should be a graduation requirement. I would have to agree.
ReplyDeleteFor us was more the fear of having a pool in our backyard what made us seek swimming classes for babies and learn more about it. But, I do believe that swimming is very important not just for children but adults as well.
ReplyDelete